Next week is February half term! Despite lockdown 3.0 and the cold snap, there are still plenty of fun activities for children… we just have to get a little more creative!
Here is our round up of the best activities for children while school is out:
1. Learn to draw superheros and sea monsters with award winning illustrator, Nick Ellwood. Bringing art classes to your living room, he shows how to draw cartoons from scratch. (For younger children, dot-to-dot and colouring sheets are available)
2. Play with clay using Sculpd’s air-dry pottery kits
3. Make a nature journal to record your daily wildlife observations. Use the Natural History Museum Naturenauts app to identify trees, plants, insects and birds
4. Encourage a budding scientist with an interactive model of the human body on the Explorer’s Library app
5. Create a lava lamp, build a bath bomb, and make soap with Twinkl’s simple home experiments
6. Trot around the globe with Banjo Robinson’s free printable half term activity pack. This activity pack includes cultural facts, creative challenges and recipes from all seven continents
7. Join the Musical Dots for a sing along and wellbeing boost with their weekly online classes (suitable for EYFS and KS1 children)
8. Book a live personalised concert with a talented musician at Lockdown Presents
9. Inspire a love of writing with NightZookeeper
10. Make some tasty treats with The Avenue’s Online Cookery Classes – from brownies and apple crumble to lasagne, there’s something for everyone!