With coronavirus reshaping the economy, parents are finding new ways to build resilience into their child’s education. This means creating a competitive, flexible education which prepares their children to become leaders in Politics, Business and Technology. In the last two months, Coding, Debating and Entrepreneurship have proven our most popular extracurricular courses.
For students who are interested in learning a new skill during lockdown, we have outlined some fun online materials to get you started.
- Use Scratch to create interactive cartoons, games and stories for free
- Learn how to touch type through video games at ZType
- Join a Fire Tech course online to programme with Python or build an Artificial Intelligence model
- Practice writing persuasive arguments using Model United Nations debate simulations
- Watch TEDX Teen Talks for public speaking inspiration
- Use family dinners to teach politics. In a TED talk, Hajer Sharief explains how ‘Friday Democracy Meetings’ taught her how to negotiate, compromise and build alliances
- Use a family ‘Solution Box’ to brainstorm solutions to everyday problems
- Watch the Shark Tank Kid-Preneurs series to see how young people pitch business ideas
- Listen to the podcast How I Built This by Guy Raz (secondary students)
Golden Circle subject specialists deliver bespoke online tutorials in a range of extracurricular subjects, as well as traditional academic subjects.
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.