Our teachers have strong academic backgrounds. They all hold undergraduate degrees from Oxbridge or other leading universities, a UK teaching qualification, a minimum of two years’ classroom experience, and an enhanced DBS certificate. Many are also GCSE and A Level examiners.
At interview, our teachers demonstrate a passion for teaching and experience of delivering engaging and inspiring lessons. We also evaluate them against the following competencies: effective communication, empathy, understanding and motivation, organisation, leadership and self-evaluation.
Our highly selective recruitment process enables us to get the best outcomes for our students. Our mission is to deliver a world-class education which inspires children to think differently, enabling them to realise their academic potential and achieve success.
We understand that the student and teacher rapport is essential for effective tuition and academic progress. Our matching process for teachers and students works as follows:
1. Parent outline their child’s requirements for tuition, including: subject/(s) required, availability for tutorials, exam board if taking GCSEs or A Levels, details about their child’s learning style, current and target grades
2. Based on this information, we contact our subject specialists who fit this brief. We handpick each teacher to work with individual students based on their teaching experience and approach, availability, and location
3. We send parents detailed information on the academic and teaching background of the best-suited teacher for your child, as well as their availability. Parents can ask questions or ask to see other teacher profiles
4. Once a parent has approved the teacher, we pass contact details on to the teacher to schedule the student’s first session
5. We stay in touch with our families and regularly seek feedback to make sure their child is enjoying lessons and making good progress
On the rare occasion that a parent doesn’t feel their teacher is a right match for their child, we will suggest a suitable alternative and arrange an immediate handover.
We contact all parents after the first session for feedback. This enables us to tailor lessons to each student’s requirements going forward. After every lesson, teachers complete a lesson report to keep record of what was covered during the lesson, strengths, areas for development and details of the homework set, if applicable.
Parents are able to log in to their profile on our internal system to view lesson reports. Lesson reports will also be included with invoices at the end of each month. Parents of home school students will receive these progress reports on a weekly basis.
For students who are preparing for entrance exams, teachers conduct an initial assessment to evaluate their student’s current working level. These assessments enable teachers to identify strengths, areas for development and create a plan over the coming weeks and months. For home schooled students, we conduct an assessment week at the end of each term to track progress.